|Home > Solid Wood Train Tables|
Solid Wood Train Tables
Back to Train Tables
Railway Adventures Train Activity Table,
was designed from the ground up with a child's safety and comfort in mind.
Our Train Table Designer's first priority
was Child Safety:
Child Comfort is important for any child activity.
- Train Table Base is made of Natural Solid Wood. Due to constant rubbing/contact, table edges are considered "Child Active Surfaces" and it is important these surfaces be continually safe for your child. Manufactured wood products such as Melamine use binding agents to glue the chips or fibers together and to adhere the laminate to the particle board. If the laminate pulls away from the particle board at a table edge due to the continual contact, the chemicals in these binding agents will release into the air and onto skin for up to 6 months. This exposure may not be appropriate for every family.
- Bolt through metal to metal construction means there are no screws to be stripped out. Bolt through construction makes the table extremely durable and resistant to all the pushing and pulling your crew can muster.
- Edges are routered and all contact
edges are smoothly sanded.
- Exceeds ASTM F963-86 Standards for Toy Safety.
- Many parents ask about drawers and trundles. Most trundles extend to the edge of the table, preventing children from being able to sit at the table, and even worse, stubbing their feet on them. Our experience with children has also shown that these features, in the eyes of a 3 year old child, are simply steps. We caution against trundles that can roll and drawers that break when children climb inside or on them. For under the table storage, Rubbermaid offers a variety of sturdy, lightweight tubs for $5-$15. They hide well underneath the table, store safely in a closet, or can be filled with trains/tracks/toys and taken to Grandma's house!
For the Parents:
- Sleek design lines means no portion of the table sticks out to snag a focused engineer as he heads around a corner.
- A Shallow lip contains the trains and tracks on the play top but keeps your child from having to bend over and into the table to play.
- Plenty of under table space lets children add a chair for high intensity railroading, Lego building, and drawing.
- Easy to assemble means your
child can be playing on their new table in less than 15 minutes.
- Easy to disassemble/store
if you need extra space, or want to take it along on trips. Our bolt-through
construction makes this possible.
- Easy to move because solid
wood is not only stronger, and more durable, but is also much lighter
than tables made from "manufactured wood products".
- The Painted Top makes a great
surface for your train layout or improve the appearance with
your child's painted designs.
If you are planning to purchase a play
table for a 2-3 year old child, you should expect he will be playing on
it for the next 7+ years as he grows into Lego, K*nex, Lincoln Logs, Rokenbok,
etc. You will need an attractive piece of furniture that is longlasting,
durable and safe for your child and the family.
Free Shipping Today* on any order over $79. Less than $79.00 only $9.95.
(*see "about us" page above for exceptions.)
SAME DAY SHIPPING FOR MOST WEEKDAY ORDERS PLACED BEFORE 10:00 AM EST.
Questions/Phone Orders: (864) 569-0146 (Greenville, South Carolina)
9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET Mon.-Fri.
Gift Wrap is available ($3.50/item)
(Multiple items may be combined to reduce gift wrap charge)
Thank you for visiting our Wooden Railway Adventures and Choochoos4u! website.
All Thomas the Tank Engine photos are courtesy of:
© 2012 Tomy (Learning Curve International, Inc).
Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends A BRITT ALLCROFT COMPANY PRODUCTION.
Based on The Railway Series by The Rev W Awdry © 2007 Gullane (Thomas) Limited
All other photos and material shown in this website
are the copyrighted property of ABC Booksleuths, Dazy USA, Inc, Maxim Enterprises, Inc.,
Whittle Shortline, Maple Landmark, Safari Ltd.,
Neat-Oh!, Melissa & Doug, Sandylion, Pecoware, American Train & Toy, and Schylling
and may not be used without permission.
All advertising logos are the
property of their respective companies/shows.